Jaylon earned her Juris Doctorate with a concentration in business from Texas A&M School of Law. She obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Rice University, where she also competed as d Division 1 track and field athlete.
During law school, Jaylon was inducted into the Order of Barristers, served as President of the Women of Color Collective, and served as liaison for the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
Jaylon also had the honor of working as a summer judicial intern for The Honorable Justice Cory L. Carlyle at the Fifth District Court of Appeals and The Honorable Judge Renée Toliver at the United States Northern District of Texas.
United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, Judge Renée Toliver Dallas, TX
Judicial Intern July 2022 – August 2022
• Researched and drafted memorandum for a novel criminal matter relating to asset forfeiture
• Analyzed and drafted a memorandum regarding the constitutionality of an executive agency’s
Texas Fifth Court of Appeals, Justice Cory L. Carlyle Dallas, TX
Judicial Intern May 2022 – July 2022
• Researched legal precedent to craft a draft appellate opinion for criminal and civil matters
• Attended and analyzed oral arguments to better evaluate the sufficiency of each party’s arguments
• Reviewed and edited an article regarding pseudoanonymity in litigation prior to publishing
Whole Foods Market, Inc. Austin, TX
Legal Intern June 2021 – August 2021
• Compiled COVID-19 rules and regulations for all stores to ensure regulatory compliance
• Reviewed lease agreements to ensure term compliance and advise of any potential conflicts
• Proposed amendments to employee agreements in over 45 states based on state labor and
• Researched codes of ethics and corporate policies to propose updates and amendments to the
company’s Code of Business Conduct
Fears Nachawati Law Firm Dallas, TX
Legal Assistant October 2018 – March 2020
• Performed legal research and drafted complaints and petitions for products liability, toxic tort, and
water law cases
• Filed and effectuated service of process for cases in state and federal courts throughout the nation
• Managed SOLs for more than 10,000 cases to prioritize document collection and court filing
• Communicated with local counsel to maintain and promote healthy business relationships
B.A. Health Science 2018
Texas A&M University School of Law:
trusted. driven. personal.